Dance Class Policies and Guidelines
- 1. Levels: All new students should register for the Basic level class in the appropriate age group.
- 2. Duration: Class duration is 55 minutes.
- 3. Drop Ins: In Q1 and Q3 (non-performance quarters), students can drop in to the first or second class without prior enrollment. In Q2 and Q3 (performance quarters), students are welcome to drop in to the first class only without prior enrollment. Students under 18 years of age require a guardian to sign them into the class, without which, a student will not be able to participate in the class.
- 4. Attendance: Attending all classes is highly encouraged. If a student will be missing a class, he or she is requested to send an email to the instructor in advance. During performance quarters, if a student misses more than 1 class, the student may not be allowed to participate in the showcase. Attending the last two classes before the performance, and the technical rehearsal (if applicable to the age group), is mandatory during the performance quarter.
- 5. Missed Classes: Classes missed will not be made up, except those cancelled by the company. The company reserves the right to cancel a particular class or batch at it's discretion.
- 6. Evaluations For A Higher Level Class:
Evaluations are conducted 2-3 weeks prior to the start of a quarter.
- Transfer Between Locations:
If you are in an Inter or above level class in one location, and would like to attend the same level you are currently at in another location - you do not need to be evaluated for the class in the other location. Simply email email@example.com to initiate the transfer process (discount, transfer and cancellation fees may apply).
- Break Between Quarters:
If your instructor recommended you for evaluation to a higher level class for an upcoming quarter, and you took a break from attending that quarter, it is at the instructor's discretion to recommend you for an evaluation for the higher level class when you plan on joining again. The instructor may recommend that you attend the level you last participated in. If you took a break for four consecutive quarters, you may/may not be eligible for the level you last participated in, and may require evaluation for the level of the last class you participated in.
- 7. Age Proof: For the Bacha Party and 5-8 year old classes, parents may be required to submit a proof of age of the child if requested by the instructor.
- 8. Bacha Party Class:
- Toilet training must be complete before enrolling your child in this class. Children ages 3 and 4 year old must be out of diapers at the time of enrollment.
- One parent per child has to be present in the lobby or outside the studio during the entire time of the class.
- Only child's parent will be responsible to take their own child to the restroom in case of toilet emergency or any other kind of emergency.
- 9. Attire: Students should come to class in comfortable clothing that is easy to move in like workout/track pants and t-shirts. Denim clothing is not allowed and sneakers are required.
- 10. What to Bring to Class: Students should carry a water bottle to class.
- 11. Recording Class: Students/parents are allowed to record the last 5 minutes of their class. This recording is primarily to help the students recap and rehearse what was taught in class. Any misuse of in-class recordings may result in termination from the program - these videos cannot be put on sites like Youtube, Facebook or any other social/public internet sites.
- 12. Pick Up Policy: Children and teens should be picked up by their parent/guardian at the class end time. Parents/guardians who are late may be charged a fee if the instructor has to wait until the child or teen is picked up.
- 13. Parents, Family & Friends Policy: Parents, family (including kids!) and friends will not be allowed into the studio when the class is in session. In the first class of the quarter, parents are requested to attend a quick orientation.
- 14. Choreography: Students will require written permission from their instructor if he or she would like to replicate in part or whole the exercise and/or dance routines learned in the dance class at other events, teaching it to friends/family, etc.
- 15. In-Class Presentation: In non-performance quarters, there will be a 10 minute in-class presentation in the studio at the end of the last class. All students are allowed to record the in-class presentation and also invite family & friends to watch!
- 16. Promotion: Company instructors reserve the right to promote the students from one level to another level and their decision is final.
- 17. Program Management: Instructors, class sizes, class levels, rules and regulations are subject to change without prior notice and all decisions made by the company will be final and binding.
- 18. Admission: Right of admission into the dance program is reserved by our management.